Feature:
Features are great, lots of knobs, good selection of patches, poly is quite good for a little synth, USB/Audio interface (big plus there). I think features wise the Xio's can't be beat... There's so much under the hood of this little beast.

Quality:
NOW THE BAD NEWS! I "used to own this synth". Here's the problem.., and I don't know if it's a fluke or a quality control issue or Novations just gone plain dirty cheap on the hardware. THE KEYBED HAS ISSUES! I went through (3) Xio's from zzounds, ALL with keybed issues. ALL THREE units I got had a problem with BOTH of the B keys (oddly just the B keys were doing this), but MAN DID THEY RATTLE. I have never owned a keybed that's supposed to be "semi-weighted" rattle like that. I've played $99 Casio's that didn't have keys that rattled like that. Zzounds was very nice thoughout this entire ordeal of constant keyboard swap outs. I spoke with Novation and was told those keys should NOT be making that sound, but at this point I had enough. I was on the 3rd unit, and I was spent! If Novation fixes the keybed issue I will buy this synth again. Oh the knobs like someone else mentioned DO come off fairly easy.., so be careful if giggin with this synth, and if you do buy some extra knobs because you're gonna lose one eventually.

Value:
I'm giving it a 6 because of the keybed issue. We're not talking about something minor here IMO.., as I would think the keybed is an important part of the synth.

Desirability:
I stil want to get this synth back..., as I was very impressed with it overall, but there's NO WAY that I could live with those noisy keys... My wife couldn't even stand to sit next to me on the couch when I was playing this thing with headphones because those B keys rattled the nerves in her spine! Drove her nuts.

Sound:
Sound is good.., for a digital replication of analogue, I'd say Novation did a good job. Some thick, some thin, some you can't tell which way the sound's trying go. Overall great soundset for the price.

Ease of Use:
A snap to use.., I was up and going out of the box with no need for the manual. Easy to edit and tweek sounds, effects, ect.

Support:
Support was decent. However, I can't stand those ignorant jerks who treat EVERYONE who calls like they're some novice and know nothing about keyboards. I got lip from one rep who hasn't even been alive as long as I've been playing the keys. Those attitudes are very annoying from reps.

Overall:
Overall a very good synth, compact, lightweight, good controller, great sounds, JUST A TERRRIBLE KEYBED. If anyone knows for sure that Novation has fixed this issue please post reviews on forums about it so I can buy this wonderful little synth again.

0 komentar:

Your Ad Here

Blog Archive