A new leg of Margaret Cho’s “Beautiful” tour kicks off September 12th in Saratoga, California, but she may be onstage with a bunch of Canadians before then: “Broken Social Scene is the best thing happening in modern music. Kevin Drew is a genius and I am so excited about joining them onstage,” she tells Rolling Stone (the collaboration hasn’t happened just yet, but is in the works). “I told him I wanted to just sneak my way into the band, like walking backwards onstage while playing the triangle. This is total proof that The Secret works because every time I would listen to their music, I would say to myself, ‘I wanna be be in this band. I must be in this band. I am gonna be in this band.’ And then it happened!”

This season on VH1’s new The Cho Show the comic attempts to break into the music industry on her own. “I recorded a song with legendary producer Desmond Child, and it was really hard. Being a pop diva is much more difficult than I thought. You have to like sing and shit,” she says. “Desmond was a great teacher, and he showed me that I really do have a good singing voice, but it was much more work than I anticipated. I am working on an album right now of all comedy songs so i would say I am modeling myself after Weird Al Yankovic more than Britney.”

So what else is on Cho’s playlist? “Tom Petty’s ‘Here Comes My Girl’ is just the ultimate love song — the best girlfriend tribute ever,” she says, counting the Kills’ “Last Day of Magic,” the Raconteurs’ “Five on the Five,” the Killers‘ “Under the Gun” and Girl in a Coma’s “Both Before I’m Gone” songs she “can’t get enough of.” And then there’s Liz Phair’s Exile in Guyville, which she says “saved my life and was just reissued to save more lives.”

http://musiknyakita.blogspot.com

0 komentar:

Your Ad Here

Blog Archive