Las Vegas staple Tom Jones will release his first U.S. album of new material in 15 years, as 24 Hours hits stores on November 25th. Just as Jones’ 2002 Reload (which did not get a domestic release) featured a plethora of guests, Jones will welcome U2’s Bono and the Edge on one song this time around, as the U2 duo wrote and perform on the new song “Sugar Daddy,” which was written specifically for Jones. Over half of the new material was co-written by Jones himself and produced by Future Cut, who have also produced for Lily Allen, Kate Nash and Estelle. The album will also feature Jones covering Bruce Springsteen’s Devils & Dust cut “The Hitter,” as well as covers of songs by Tommy James & the Shondells, Pumali Panthers and Carla Thomas. “It’s all very well just singing songs, but for this record I really wanted to get properly personal,” Jones says. “I’ve been getting reflective recently, looking over my journey through life, and I wanted to make something that was all about me, my stories, to get that down in song. In other words, you listen to this album and you get the real me.”

0 komentar:

Your Ad Here